20100428

KILLER BLANKS





Bebe leather moto jacket, Violent Society 1999 tour shirt, Celine wedges, Ann-Sofie Back drip sunglasses, DIY shredded tights, Jas M.B. leather tote



Despite the fact that I desperately need a pedicure (which I am doing first thing tomorrow morning), I couldn't resist wearing my new Celine kicks today.



Simple halter straps with elegant logo buckles complement the towering platforms and freaky negative spaces on these exquisite wedges. I love the impeccably smooth leather, and they look so good juxtaposed with a skinny bottom silhouette. I don't own many shoes that expose the upper part of my foot, so these are quite a refreshing change. By pairing them with printed socks, they can easily transition into the colder seasons. What an awesome birthday gift!



I've said it once and I'll say it again: this massive Jas M.B. shopper was such a great purchase. Today it carried a sweater, my camera, two sunglasses cases, a pair of flats, a Moleskine, and my everyday must-haves (wallet, phone, cosmetics, iPod, etc) with no problem. I have so many black leather bags with silver hardware, so the brassy-gold buckles and zippers on this tote are fittingly understated next to my usual pile of silver accessories. The leather has started to wrinkle and achieved a nice patina from so much use.



I keep on telling myself I should invest in a Rick Owens, but I can't seem to tear myself away from this Bebe moto jacket. I searched years for a leather jacket that would fit me properly; this one is lightweight, snug, and the leather is buttery soft. I'll probably cave into a Rick Owens eventually, but for now, this one is appropriate for semi-cold spring days like today.



My cherished friend JF gave me this Violent Society tour shirt. He wore it for years, so it is perfectly paper-thin. Sorry for the twisted bra strap. We can't win 'em all!





One of the many perks of pregnancy: guiltlessly indulging in McDonald's. Single black surgical steel crucifix earring, Judith Jack sterling silver pendant, steel skeleton key necklace.

Tomorrow is my birthday ... we're planning on just taking it easy and going out to dinner at a fun restaurant. 23 was a deeply significant year for me. I married the best partner I could ever ask for and we're excitedly awaiting the arrival of our first child. I traveled more than I ever have in my life, met so many amazing people, and listened to a ton of crushingly heavy live music. I achieved a lot with my writing and got back in touch with some dear friends. I can only hope that 24 will be equally as incredible!

More soon; sweet dreams! &hearts

30 comments:

Jamie said...

hal your looks keep getting better and better. im in awe of the way you styled this and SOOO jealous of those wedges! where did your hubbie get them?? your absolutely beautiful. much luv.

Sister Shirley said...

Love Love LOVE those shoes! I think they are my new favorites. Loving your blog, and hope you have a wonderful birthday. 24 is an awesome year!

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that third picture. I love all of your jewelry and that you actually like metal instead of just wearing it as a trend!

RE you comment on my post: that's actually a guest post from steff metal! I've recently started working part-time in the metal music industry but I know nothing about metal history in comparison to her and I asked her to give the fashion peeps a little music/fashion history of how studs/chains/leather/spikes started out in metal (and then inspired runway fashion)

-Diya

adelaide..like the city said...

i am so jealous!
you have the ann-sofie glasses i've been wishing for, foreverrr!!
i love you blog
www.myspineisthebassline.blogspot.com

chauss said...

love the new wedges!
g. zanotti did a series last year with the open spaces in their wedges which i always thought was so cool.
and, happy birthday!!!!!!!
xo chauss

Facinelli said...

Hot look...nice work...happy bday :)

Anonymous said...

i love those glasses do they come in other colors?? also where did u get ur shoes and how much were they? also price on the sunglasses. please respod i know ur prob busy but i am trying to do a fashion blog like urs b/c it inspires me. i will check back to see if u respond thank u sooo much i admire ur fashion.

Anonymous said...

i sent u a email also im not trying to bother u but i want to have a popular blog like this and want some tips thank u for ur time

Anonymous said...

The old man must make a lot of money, huh?

Anonymous said...

you look so pretty! i've always wanted the motor skills to be able to do my hair like that... shucks. i'll just admire yours in the meantime...

xo

justyna

A♥ said...

wow your shoes are awesome!!

myblissisthisway

Unknown said...

DAMN DUDE - those wedges are RULIN'!

Mandy said...

super super jealous of those shoes. like you have no idea.

Anonymous said...

Omg i love your style rockstar:) Awsome.

WendyB said...

I've been coveting those shades.

Anonymous said...

wow your so so pretty.........

linda-mari said...

Love your outfit, and your hair was very cute!
http://www.linda-mari.com

Orgo Cosmetics said...

You're so gorgeous. Love the braid, too :)

Anonymous said...

I love this look, overall. Madly loving the shoes, which is shocking me because I'm typically a shit-kicking boot/flat worn out sneaker girl myself. Happy continuation day. <3

Rika Nurrahmah said...

The McQ by Alexander McQueen fall lookbook just premiered - and I thought of you when I saw the boots!!

http://www.styleite.com/uncategorized/mcq-fall-collection-photos/4/

- Rika

Devon said...

This is a perfect outfit x

closet obsessions said...

thank you for your kind words earlier this week. they meant a lot to me <3

also. those wedges are BOMB. <3

http://closetobsessions.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

I love the little black cross earrings- so sick!

Gnarlitude Jen said...

dude the wedges are sick.
happy birthday!!
can't wait to hang again.

Caroline Gault said...

Wow. Great photos. And Happy Birthday! I hope 24 is as good as 23 was for you!! It will be better, I'm sure, with the arrival of your baby!

Love the second-last shot. Those wedges are amazing.

You are the most fashionable soon-to-be-mom I know of!

x

http://www.carolineginthecity.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

lookin ill- happy belated!!! 24 is a fun year :)

STOP IT RIGHT NOW said...

Happy Birthday Hal! You are the baddest little preg lady :)

THE DIVINITUS said...

finally had more time to read all your news, happy birthday girl, and yes dont give up on RO... [it is on my wishlist as well] we will get there sooner or later, right? ;)

and congrats on your bebe!

ray said...

OH WOW - those are even hotter! it's funny i love warm, rich looks but damned if i don't always paint it black. metal tee black jeans and great accessories really are my staple. if you ever sell these PLEASE hit me up first ;]

Anonymous said...

bape outlet
hermes belts
golden goose
hermes
off white
off white hoodie
golden goose shoes
off white t shirt
giannis antetokounmpo shoes
GGDB